Dinner Shortcuts: Garlic bread chicken sliders
Sometimes the thought of making dinner completely exhausts me. I know that probably sounds horribly dramatic but sometimes I just don't want to cook but at the same time I don't want to spend a fortune on takeout or delivery. Luckily I came up with my new quick and easy dinnertime sandwich. Instead of using boring regular bread I use toasted garlic Texas toast and then pair it with a fried chicken patty. I like to smother my chicken in Frank's Hot Sauce but it's also great topped with marinara and cheese.
Garlic bread chicken sliders
Yields 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices garlic Texas toast
- 2 breaded chicken patties
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Blue cheese dressing, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. To a baking pan, add Texas toast and chicken patties.
- Bake for about 7 minutes and flip the bread.
- Bake for another 7 minutes and then remove the bread from the oven and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Flip the chicken patty and put back in the oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until the patty is lightly browned and warmed.
- While the chicken is cooking melt butter and whisk in hot sauce.
- Remove chicken from the oven, place onto 1 piece of Texas toast, drizzle with hot sauce and blue cheese dressing, if desired. Top with another slice of Texas toast.
- Repeat with other sandwich.