Grilled peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and if you love bananas, then this is one tasty sandwich you have to try. Instead of serving this sandwich cold or at room temperature, I decided to toast it in a pan to help melt the peanut butter and honey and make this sandwich warm with a gooey inside. My kids love this for breakfast but we even make it for lunch and sometimes dinner.
Grilled peanut butter banana and honey sandwich recipe
Yields 2 sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 large or 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Divide the peanut butter and sliced bananas between the 2 slices of bread.
- Drizzle desired amount of honey over the tops of the bananas and sprinkle with cinnamon and top with remaining slice of bread.
- Add the butter to the heated pan and allow it to melt. Place both sandwiches in the pan and toast for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cut in half or into smaller pieces for younger children and serve warm.