Dinner Shortcuts: Meatball casserole
Meatballs don't just have to be served with spaghetti. That's why I love this flavorful dish. It's full of meatballs, ricotta cheese and freshly sliced Italian bread. This is the best quick weeknight dinner dish. Trust me, if you are always in a rush, give this a try!
Yields contents of 9 x 13-inch casserole dish
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces frozen meatballs
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato basil sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Place bread on the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- In a mixer, add cream cheese, ricotta and Italian seasoning. Mix together until smooth and combined.
- Spread on top of bread and cover the cheese mixture with meatballs.
- Pour the marinara over the meatballs and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the meatballs are hot and the cheese is melted and browned. Serve with extra toasted bread if desired.