Dinner Shortcuts: Honey-mustard smoked sausage wraps
Sometimes for dinner my husband and I make appetizers. I know it might sound odd but finger food is just as good for dinner as it is as an appetizer. One of our favorite dishes to make is crescent-wrapped smoked sausage. While they are delicious paired with ketchup, the key to making this dish great is homemade honey mustard. Trust me, you're going to love this dish.
Honey-mustard smoked sausage wraps
Yields 24 sausage bites
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1 (8 count) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 small smoked sausages (sometimes called lil' smokies)
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each crescent into 3 smaller crescents. Totaling 24 crescent slices.
- Lay out crescent slices and spread a thin amount of honey mustard onto the crescent slices.
- Add a smoked sausage to the large end of the crescent slice and wrap up.
- Add wrapped sausages to the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with additional honey mustard sauce for dipping.