Cinnamon churro cake bites
Are you a fan of cinnamon like me? This is one tasty little treat that will surely impress anyone who has a bite. If you have ever tried a churro, which is a long fried pastry almost like a doughnut and covered in cinnamon sugar, this is very similar in flavor. Instead of using dough I used a pound cake which I cubed and fried lightly. These are the perfect size treats when you just want a little something sweet.
Cinnamon churro cake bites recipe
Yields 8 servings
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- Heat a deep pan over medium-high heat and add enough canola oil so that it reaches about 1 inch in depth.
- With a knife, cut the pound cake into thick slices and then cut them into cubes.
- In a large zip top plastic bag or in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and the cinnamon and mix well.
- Begin frying the cake cubes in small batches until golden brown. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and add to the bag of cinnamon sugar.
- Close the top of the bag and shake vigorously until each cake piece is coated well with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining cake.
- Store the bites in an airtight container for several days. Can be served warm or at room temperature.