Dinner Shortcuts: BBQ chicken quesadilla
Quesadillas are the easiest way to throw together a quick and easy dinner. Plus it's a great option for cleaning out the fridge. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. My favorite way to use up leftover chicken is by mixing it with my favorite BBQ sauce and adding a little caramelized onion. It's meaty, sweet and full of flavor!
BBQ chicken quesadilla
Yields 1 quesadilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup leftover chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, slowly sauté the onions until tender and golden brown in color, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and BBQ sauce.
- Lay out 1 flour tortilla and add 1/4 cup cheese, onions, chicken and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortilla.
- In a small skillet set over medium-low heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and once it's melted add in quesadilla. Cook until underside is golden brown and the cheese has started to melt.
- Carefully flip to the other side and cook until golden brown and middle is warm and melted.
- Cut into 4 wedges and enjoy with a small side of extra BBQ sauce.