Dinner Shortcuts: Monte Cristo crescent roll-ups
I have always had a love for Monte Cristo sandwiches. They are sweet, savory and perfect for lunch or dinner. I wanted to make them a little bit different than normal so I decided to turn them into an easy crescent roll-up. I used blackberry jam but raspberry is a good choice too. Throw it together and bake for a quick and easy grab and go dinner.
Monte Cristo crescent roll-ups
Yields 8 roll-ups
- 1 package (8 count) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Blackberry jam, seedless
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 thin slices deli turkey
- 4 thin slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto the baking sheet and thinly spread a little jam over crescent roll.
- Lay 1 slice ham, 1 slice turkey and 1/2 slice cheese onto the large end of each crescent roll. Roll up tightly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the crescent is golden brown and the meat and cheese is warm and melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.