Dinner Shortcuts: Chicken sausage and basil pasta
Pasta is my go-to weekday meal choice. It's fast, easy and I can customize it almost any way I want. This heart dish is full of tomato, sausage and basil flavor. I also threw in a little marinated artichoke hearts because they bring a lot of flavor and are easy to incorporate. Trust me, your whole family is going to love this dish.
Chicken sausage and basil pasta
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound basil chicken sausage, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup diced fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and set over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add in 1 tablespoon kosher salt and pasta. Boil until al dente, following box directions. Once cooked, drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, start your sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in sausage and cook until browned.
- Add in marinara, basil, garlic, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. Gently simmer until warmed and toss in cooked pasta.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese if desired.