Dinner Shortcuts: Quick and easy 7 Up biscuits
I have always been a huge fan of homemade biscuits, but I often don't find the time in my schedule to make them. However, after I made these delicious baked goods I realized that making biscuits doesn't have to be so hard. I like my biscuits slathered with salted butter but they are also delicious topped with jelly or honey.
Quick and easy 7 Up biscuits
Adapted from Food.com
Yields 9 biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 7 Up lemon lime soda (not diet)
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups baking mix and salt, stir.
- Using a pastry blender, gently cut in sour cream. You will blend the mixture until the sour cream seems well worked into the flour.
- Pour in 7 Up and stir. At this point your dough will be very sticky.
- Take remaining 1/2 cup baking mix and sprinkle on clean surface. Dump dough onto baking mix and lightly coat your hands with baking mix.
- Gently knead the dough until the outside becomes coated in baking mix and starts holding shape. Pat the mixture out into a 1-inch thick circle.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 9 biscuits.
- Add melted butter to a 9 x 9-inch pan and add biscuits to pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.