Dinner Shortcuts: Skillet pasta with sausage and spinach
I'm always looking for quick meals to make at the end of a long day. Most of the time I find myself reaching for leftovers, but this quick pasta dish takes no time at all. To keep things quick I used jarred Alfredo sauce but made sure to mix in lots of quality ingredients.
Skillet pasta with sausage and spinach
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 link spicy kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil. Once boiling add in frozen tortellini and cook until al dente, following package directions. Drain when fully cooked and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and once hot add in in spicy sausage. Cook until the sausage is browned on the outside. Add in onion and garlic and saute just until soft.
- Add in a bag of spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour in tortellini and stir to combine.
- Pour in half the jar of Alfredo sauce and stir. Add more sauce if needed.