Dinner Shortcuts: Tortilla pizza rolls
Growing up I always secretly had a thing for store-bought pizza rolls. Then I grew up and realized that they are filled with sketchy ingredients and honestly not that delicious. Sometimes I still get a craving for that bite-size cheese and pepperoni mixture, so I decided to come up with a homemade version. I wanted to keep the ingredients simple and still doable for a quick weeknight dinner or snack. If you're not a fan of meat, simply leave out the pepperoni. They are still super delicious.
Tortilla pizza rolls
Yields 12 pizza rolls
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- Preheat you oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 strips and spread equally with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and add 2 pepperonis per slice.
- Gently roll up the tortilla and press flat so it stays closed. If you have an issue with the tortilla opening you keep it closed by inserting a toothpick.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly browned on top and cheese is melted in the middle. Serve with more marinara for dipping if desired.