Pesto turkey burgers recipe
Pesto turkey burgers will make anyone a turkey burger convert. Fresh turkey patties packed with pesto, roasted red peppers and then topped with shaved Parmesan are sure to take anyone on a trip to FlavorTown!
Pesto turkey burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cracker crumbs
- 4 buns of choice
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. to top the burgers with
- Combine the turkey, pesto, red peppers, salt, pepper and cracker crumbs in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form 4 patties, place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To cook, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the patties evenly on the skillet.
- Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked all the way through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve atop the buns.
- Serve hot.