3 Kid favorites made vegan
These incredible recipes take our kids' favorite meals, like meaty pizza, milkshakes and muffins, and turn them into vegan delights! No butter, milk, cheese or eggs, these recipes will make eating vegan a breeze.
Sausage and cheese pizza
Serves about 8
For the dough:
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 package (2-1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (100-110 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash of salt
For the toppings:
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 2 cups Go Veggie! vegan-style mozzarella shreds
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces (1/2 package) Gimme Lean veggie sausage, cooked
- Pepper and crushed red pepper
- To make the crust, mix the yeast and water together. Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar and oil. Gradually add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a dough forms. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until soft and shiny. Let rest for about 5 minutes. Once rested, roll out with a floured rolling pin and place on a pizza stone.
- Top the dough with sauce and spread all over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with mozzarella shreds, Parmesan and sausage. Top with pepper and crushed red pepper.
Strawberry, banana and maple milkshake
Serves about 2
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 pint Arctic Zero strawberry frozen dessert
- 1/2 pint Arctic Zero vanilla maple frozen dessert
- 1 frozen banana
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse on low until thick and creamy. Serve with fresh whipped cream or strawberries and enjoy!
Blackberry peanut butter muffins
Serves about 18
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 24 cavity muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together. In another bowl, beat the banana, applesauce, sour cream, almond milk, canola oil, sugars and vanilla together. Gradually stir in the flours until the mixture is fully combined.
- Gently fold in the blackberries. Fill each muffin cavity about 2/3-3/4 the way full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.