Hasselback apples take dessert to a fancy new level. Thinly sliced apples baked with brown sugar and cinnamon are sure to please any palate.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 Honeycrisp, Pink Lady or Jazz apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the apples, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the core, taking care to keep the apple intact.
- Place each half cut-side down and carefully slice very thin slices, taking care not to slice all the way through.
- Repeat on all the apples.
- Place all of the apples in a baking dish and drizzle with butter.
- With clean hands, rub the butter all over the apples.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 8 to 12 minutes to let the tops get golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, drizzling the pan sauce over the top of each apple.