What's more fun than a snowball fight? These cookies represent the fun piles of snowballs we'd accumulate before a giant wintery snow fight. The best part about these? They taste a whole lot better than the snowballs my brother would pelt me with.
Serves about 14
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- About 1 cup vanilla frosting
- About 1 cup sweetened coconut
- About 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and egg together until creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, mix to combine. The mixture will be a bit crumbly.
- Using your hands, mold the dough and form into a flat sphere. Cover in Saran wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Once chilled, roll the dough out to about 1/2-inch thickness. Stamp out circle shapes with a circle cookie cutter. Place on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, frost and sprinkle with coconut. Top with mini marshmallows.