Holiday panzanella is a delicious salad chockfull of chopped turkey, cranberries, green beans and crusty cornbread croutons!
- 12 ounces cooked turkey meat, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup lightly steamed green beans, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups cubed baked cornbread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Toss the cubed cornbread and melted butter together gently, and spread the cubes into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring carefully about halfway through, until crisp and golden. Allow to cool.
- For the salad, toss together the chopped turkey meat, cherry tomatoes, green beans and cranberries.
- For the dressing, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- To assemble everything, add the dressing to the chopped turkey and vegetables, then add the cornbread and lightly toss.
- Serve warm or cold.