White bean and quinoa chili
This hearty meatless chili recipe packed with extra nutrition from protein-rich quinoa and flavorful veggies. Whip it up on your next meatless meal night!
White bean quinoa chili recipe
- 6-8 green onions, thinly sliced, green parts removed
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white chili beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- In a medium pan, sauté the green onions, bell pepper and jalapeno in the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the vegetables are tender, transfer them to a Crock-Pot.
- Add in the garlic, vegetable stock, diced tomatoes and beans to the Crock-Pot and stir all of the ingredients to combine.
- Add in ground cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, then cook the chili in the Crock-Pot on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add in 3/4 cup quinoa and cook until the quinoa is tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is tender, divide the chili into bowls and serve.