Dinner Shortcuts: Pierogi and sautéed mushrooms
Need a quick dinner? This easy and flavorful pierogi dish will blow your mind. Plus it's ready in under 30 minutes.
Pierogis aren't just a side dish. They can be a flavorful main course or even a quick meatless lunch. You're going to love these garlic-infused mushrooms and these creamy potato pierogis.
Pierogi and sautéed mushrooms
Yields 2 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) box frozen pierogis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (or use chicken stock)
- Add a medium-sized pot full of water to high heat. Once boiling, add pierogis and cook until soft and hot. Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in mushrooms and cook until they start to soften and release their water.
- Add in salt, pepper, garlic and white wine. Cook until mushrooms are soft and almost all the liquid has cooked off.
- Gently add cooked pierogis to the pan and cook together until flavors have combined, about 5 minutes.