Cheeseburger meatloaf is perfectly moist and tender, bringing a flavor that is usually only found in the favorite summer grilled cheeseburger!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, grated on a box grater
- 2 large carrots, grated on a box grater
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, carrot, garlic, mustard, 1/2 cup of ketchup, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and cheese until everything is evenly distributed.
- Press evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup of ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- When the meatloaf has baked for 45 minutes, remove from the oven and pour the ketchup mixture on top. Return to the oven to bake for another 35 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot.