Warm pumpkin soup for cool fall nights.
Warm up to a delicious, savory pumpkin soup for dinner one fall night. You and the kids will love it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans pure pumpkin puree
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Greek yogurt for topping
- 4 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and fresh ginger.
- Stir until onions become soft, then add chicken broth, pumpkin, coconut milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.