Dinner Shortcuts: Cheesy sausage biscuit bites
Need a quick weeknight food-on-the-run meal? Maybe you're searching for the perfect appetizer? We have both bases covered with this delicious dish. Super cheesy sausage meatballs rolled up and stuffed into flaky store-bought biscuits. This is no ordinary dish!
Cheesy sausage biscuit bites
Yields 40 sausage bites
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean original sausage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages flaky biscuits (found in refrigerated section)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using your hands, mix together sausage, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Roll mixture into 40 small meatballs.
- Open biscuits and carefully peel each biscuit in half.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray and carefully stuff in 1/2 of the biscuit. Push a raw meatball into the center.
- Sprinkle each meatball with a little shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes until the biscuit and cheese are browned and meatball is cooked.
- Carefully remove each biscuit bite from the pan and serve hot.
- Continue until all cheesy sausage biscuit bites have been made.