Dinner Shortcuts: Cheesy taco tater tot casserole
Tater tot casserole is already delicious but we decided to jazz it up a bit. This time we used spiced taco meat, salsa and lots of cheese.
Tater tot casserole is a classic casserole dish. We decided to play around with tradition and make it even more tasty. We added taco-flavored meat, salsa and lots of cheese. This is one delicious play on taco Tuesday.
Cheesy taco tater tot casserole
Yields an 8 x 8-inch casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, brown hamburger, drain and then add taco seasoning and cook according to spice packet directions.
- Add in 1/2 cup salsa, mix and pour into the 8 x 8-inch casserole dish.
- Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and then cover the top with tater tots.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, remove from the oven and spread the top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
- Optional: Top with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes.