Sun-dried tomato spinach and feta-stuffed chicken
We love chicken but sometimes it can be rather boring. Here we took basic chicken breast to a whole new level by stuffing it. We used fresh spinach but you can substitute frozen spinach — just make sure to remove as much water as possible once it has been thawed. Serve this alongside mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables for a super tasty dinner.
Sun-dried tomato spinach and feta-stuffed chicken recipe
Yields 4 servings
- 4 organic chicken breasts, washed and dried
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a knife, carefully butterfly the chicken breast. This means cutting the chicken almost in half but not all the way through. (You want to create a pocket for the filling).
- In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients mixing well. Divide the mixture between each of the chicken breasts and fill each “pocket” with the filling.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and also heat a cast iron or oven safe pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and carefully add the chicken breast. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side to get a nice char on the chicken.
- Remove the pan from the stove and place it into the oven. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.