Dinner Shortcuts: One-skillet tuna noodle casserole
Tuna noodle casserole is a classic Midwest dish. It's full of noodles, creamy soup and lots of tuna. Traditionally it's thrown together and then baked in the oven. However, this time we took an even faster approach. This quick one-pot dish will take just 20 minutes to throw together and will feed a hungry crowd!
One-skillet tuna noodle casserole
Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans albacore white tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced dried onion
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add in pasta and cook until al dente, following bag directions.
- Drain pasta and add back to the warm pot. Add in soup, tuna, milk, salt, pepper and dried onion. Mix until combined.
- Add back to low heat to warm the mixture. Serve hot.
Note: Adding in frozen peas is a great way to add vegetables to this dish!