Dinner Shortcuts: Vegetable-packed macaroni and cheese
Boxed macaroni and cheese doesn't have to be unhealthy. We have taken a simple box of delicious mac and cheese and packed it full of delicious vegetables. We used spinach, peas and tomatoes but it would be delicious with broccoli, carrots and even mushrooms.
Vegetable-packed macaroni and cheese
Yields 4 servings
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen baby peas
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to box directions.
- Once prepared, add in spinach, peas and tomatoes. Add to low heat and cook until vegetables are warmed.