Dinner Shortcuts: Southwest ravioli skillet
Talk about simple! This dinner shortcut dish is packed full of Southwest flavor and can be ready in under 30 minutes. This dish is perfect for the quick weeknight rush yet fancy enough to work for a weekend night dish too.
Southwest ravioli skillet
Yields contents of 12-inch skillet
- 1 pound cheese raviolis
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add in cheese raviolis and boil until fully cooked, following bag directions. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a 12-inch oven safe skillet, add Rotel tomatoes, green chilies, onion, corn kernels and black beans. Cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and the mixture is warmed throughout.
- Stir in cheese raviolis and cover with cheese.
- Turn on the oven broiler, add the skillet and melt cheese.
- Serve hot.