Spinach, mushroom and mozzarella quesadillas
These easy mushroom and spinach quesadillas are not only super easy to make, but they are full of healthy ingredients. Skip the flour tortillas and opt for a healthier version such as a whole grain tortilla. The mozzarella adds a little cheesy goodness and also helps hold the veggies in place. This is a great way to also sneak veggies into your kids' diets.
Spinach, mushroom and mozzarella quesadillas recipe
Yields 2 quesadillas
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (these can be cooked or eaten raw)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 medium-sized whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- On a tortilla, add 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms and 1 cup of the baby spinach. Sprinkle with mozzarella and top with an additional tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortilla and ingredients.
- Spray the pan with the nonstick cooking spray and add 1 of the quesadillas to the pan cooking 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat with the second quesadilla. Cut into wedges and serve warm.