Dinner Shortcuts: Ravioli with sun-dried tomatoes and nuts
Store-bought cheese ravioli is a great base for a fast and simple weeknight dinner. You can dress it up or down in just about any way. This time we added lots of fresh chopped herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, a touch of good olive oil and a sprinkling of toasted nuts. It's a hearty and filling dish that can be ready in under 30 minutes and is sure to impress.
Ravioli with sun-dried tomatoes and nuts
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts (walnuts or hazelnuts are a great choice)
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to boiling.
- When the water is boiling, add ravioli and cook according to package directions. Drain and add back to pot.
- Add in basil, sun-dried tomatoes, toasted nuts and a few drizzles of olive oil. Stir. Add more oil if needed and a sprinkle of salt.
Note: This is also a perfect dish if you use leftover pesto. Simply leave out the basil and olive oil and replace with desired amount of pesto.