Cheesy pizza wheels
These super easy pizza wheels will put a smile on any kid's face! We used pre-made pizza dough but you can also use homemade dough or any other pizza dough you may have. Fill it with cheese and your favorite toppings — there is no wrong way to make these. This is also a great recipe to allow kids to help with.
Cheesy pizza wheels recipe
Yields 8-10 servings depending on size
- 1 (11 ounce) can pizza dough (found in the refrigerated section of grocery store)
- 1/2 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Spread the tomato or pizza sauce evenly over the top of the dough and sprinkle the shredded cheese and dried herbs over the top.
- Gently roll the dough up trying to keep it as tightly rolled as possible into a log shape (as if you were making cinnamon rolls). With a knife, cut the dough into rounds and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the dough is completely cooked and the cheese is melted. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with extra tomato or pizza sauce.
- Tip: You can add any toppings you want to add such as pepperoni, black olives, onions, sausage or extra cheese.