Back-to-school ice cream bash
Have a homemade ice cream party to kiss summer goodbye and say hello to a new school year in a “sweet” way. Invite your child's friends and your friends, too, to enjoy the beginning of a new school year with a "sweet" treat!
Homemade ice cream
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk (whole milk is best)
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 cups fruit
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Scald the milk first, and then remove from heat.
- Next add the sugar, heavy whipping cream, half and half and vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into your ice cream maker.
- Last, stir in fruit and refrigerate ingredients in the ice cream maker insert for at least 1 hour. (The colder your mixture is, the faster your ice cream will churn and be ready.)
- Remove from refrigerator and follow your ice cream maker's directions.
*If you do not have a 5-quart ice cream maker, you may have to scale the recipe back a bit, as this is more than some ice cream makers will hold. This recipe is very rich, but very good.