Steak fries are so simple to make and delicious to eat! Coat perfectly sliced potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast to perfection for a dippable side for any meal.
- 2 large Russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise in half.
- Cut each half into quarters, lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, pour the olive oil over the potatoes.
- Using clean hands, toss the potatoes and the olive oil together, making sure that the oil evenly coats all of the potatoes.
- Place the oiled potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the outsides are golden brown and the inside is soft and tender.
- Serve hot.