Slow cooker beans and rice
Put that slow cooker to good use when it comes to satisfying staples. Beans and rice cook together to make a delicious side or main dish with little effort!
Slow cooker red beans and rice
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 cups cooked small red beans
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles with the liquid
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours until the rice is tender and the liquid has all been absorbed.
- Serve hot.