Serve up a whole-wheat pasta dish for breakfast to change it up! Bacon and fresh herbs are running through the whole-wheat pasta, and a perfectly fried egg on top helps make the sauce and bump up the protein!
- 2 ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole egg
- Bring a small pot of water to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Add the parsley, scallions, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the bacon and toss to coat.
- To cook the egg, heat a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Gently break an egg into the pan, being careful to keep the yolk intact.
- Cover loosely with a sheet of foil and cook for about 5 minutes until the white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- Serve the egg atop the warm pasta.