Dinner Shortcuts: Grilled chicken and hummus pita pockets
Talk about delicious! This protein-packed sandwich is a breeze to make and is a perfect option for the weekday brown bag lunch or a fast dinner. We used plain hummus but get creative by using your favorite flavor — garlic, lemon and even spicy. This is one delicious stuffed sandwich option.
Grilled chicken and hummus pita pockets
Yields 1 mini pita sandwich
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 mini whole wheat pita
- 4 ounces hummus
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Cut your whole wheat pita pocket in half and gently open.
- Spread hummus inside the pita, stuff with spinach and add 1 chicken tender per half.