Dinner Shortcuts: Greek meatball sliders
Meatballs are not just for tomato sauce and noodles. This flavorful pita pocket is stuffed with fresh baby spinach, feta cheese, black olives and meatballs covered in a quick tzatziki sauce. Your family is going to love this dish!
Greek meatball sliders
Yields 2 stuffed pitas
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 store-bought mini beef meatballs
- 1 whole wheat pita pocket, cut in half
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- In a small bowl, add Greek yogurt, lemon juice, cucumber, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside while you prepare the meatballs.
- Heat the meatballs in the microwave until hot.
- Open your pita pockets and stuff with half the lettuce, feta cheese and black olives.
- Add 4 meatballs to each pita and top with yogurt sauce.