Dinner Shortcuts: Doritos pie
Wintertime is the perfect time for a casserole. I grew up eating different types of casseroles and my favorite is anything that includes taco seasoning. I love the spiciness of this casserole and I topped mine with a little lettuce and fresh salsa just to bring even more flavor. The crushed Doritos on top make it ever better!
Yields 9-inch pie
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced black olives
- 1/2 cup crushed Doritos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Open crescent rolls and unroll each crescent. With the points going toward the center, place them in the pie plate. You're going to be making a crust out of the crescent rolls.
- Once your crescent rolls are in the pan, press together the seams.
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger and drain if there is a lot of grease.
- Add in taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Mix and simmer until all the water is cooked off.
- Add seasoned beef into the crust and top with cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with salsa, lettuce, olives and Doritos.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and then slice into wedges.