Dinner Shortcuts: Chicken and rice casserole
No need to wonder what to make tonight! This simple supper will keep you full for hours and packs tons of delicious wild rice flavor. Your family will love this dish.
Chicken and rice casserole
Yields 9 x 13-inch casserole
- 12 ounces long grain wild rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat picked off
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Prepare rice according to bag directions. Once cooked, add to a large bowl.
- To the rice add chicken, mushrooms, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for about 1 hour until the casserole is set and the cheese is melted. If the cheese starts to get too brown, you can cover the dish with foil while it continues to cook.