Dinner Shortcuts: Oven baked meatball subs
Looking to feed a big group? Maybe just a bunch of hungry kids? This simple baked meatball sub dish is perfect for a crowd. Using delicious store-bought meatballs and sauce, we created a quick homemade meal. Your family is going to love this dish!
Oven baked meatball subs
Yields 4 sandwiches
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 16 (1-inch) frozen meatballs
- 4 long rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a high-sided skillet, add tomato sauce and meatballs. Cook over medium heat until the meatballs are heated through and the sauce is warmed.
- Split rolls down the middle and add 4 meatballs per sub. Top with extra sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put subs in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and put under the oven broiler just until cheese is melted.
- Serve alongside extra tomato sauce if desired.