Summer sweet peas with bacon and honey roasted cashews
This salad is so refreshing and is the perfect dish for any summer gathering. Sweet peas and bacon really pair well in this dish and the cashews add just a hint of sweet crunch. There's the perfect mixture of sweet and salty in every bite.
Summer sweet peas with bacon and honey roasted cashews recipe
Lightly adapted from where the cookies are
Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup store-bought honey roasted cashews
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peas, bacon, cashews and sliced green onions. Toss with the lemon maple dressing and serve immediately or at room temperature.