Almond and date muffins
Grain-free never tasted so decadent. Almond and date muffins utilize the flavor and texture of almond meal, the sweetness of dates and the protein of eggs to make a breakfast or snack you can feel good about!
Date and almond muffins
Makes 12 mini muffins
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the dates and pulse to break them up a bit.
- Add the eggs and cinnamon and process until the dates are very finely processed.
- Add the almond flour and process to combine.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Top each muffin with a few of the slivered almonds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the almonds on top are golden brown.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.