No-bake chocolate and strawberry icebox cake
What a fun and easy recipe for the little ones to make Mom. The graham crackers and creamy whipped topping look like a layer cake when sliced! This is not only a great Mother's Day treat but also doubles as a summer dessert when it's too hot out to bake.
No-bake chocolate and strawberry icebox cake recipe
Inspired by thekitchn
Yields 12 servings
- A large baking dish (9 x 13-inch is ideal)
- 2 (8 ounce) tubs whipped topping
- 1 (14.4 ounce) box honey or chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries to garnish (optional)
- Fresh mint as garnish (optional)
- In the baking dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of whipped topping. Begin placing the graham crackers over the bottom of the dish until it's covered. Begin layering the graham crackers and whipped topping until you have 3 layers.
- Frost the entire outside of the cake with additional whipped topping and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours to allow the graham crackers to soften.
- Before serving, melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave stirring occasionally to ensure they are completely melted. With a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cake. Garnish with strawberries and mint leaves. Slice and serve.