Mini chicken pesto calzones
Pesto isn't normally a kid favorite, primarily because of its appearance. So trick your kids into eating this creamy green sauce by hiding it inside warm pizza dough with fresh mozzarella and chicken! Add a side dipping sauce such as warm cheese sauce or even a homemade garlic dipping sauce.
Mini pesto chicken calzones
Yields about 6 calzones
- 1 container chilled pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup pesto (use this recipe)
- About 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out the chilled pizza dough and cut into 6 even size rectangles.
- Mix the shredded chicken and pesto together.
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of chicken pesto into the middle of each rectangle. Divide mozzarella over the top of the chicken.
- Cut slits into each pizza dough. Then bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.