Dinner Shortcuts: Pizza casserole
Pizza and pasta have collided in this warm and comforting dish. The best part is that it can be customized to make the whole family happy. Don't like olives? Don't add olives. Prefer sausage over bacon. Go for it! You can create the pizza pasta of your dreams.
9 x 13-inch dish
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Vegetable mix-ins: Sautéed mushrooms, onion, green peppers and olives
- Protein mix-ins: Cooked sauce, bacon, Canadian bacon and pepperoni
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add in pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add back to the pot.
- Stir in marinara sauce and stir in mix-ins.
- Pour pasta into a 9 x 13-inch dish and top with desired amount of cheese. Also top with pepperoni slices if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the past is warmed.