Cauliflower steaks are the vegetarian's answer to hearty steak. Thick-cut and marinated and then roasted to perfection, these cauliflower steaks are sure to please!
Roasted cauliflower steaks
- 2 large heads fresh cauliflower, destemmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into steaks about 3/4-inch in thickness. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the cauliflower. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Remove the cauliflower from the marinade and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes on each side, 30 minutes total, turning at the halfway mark until caramelized and soft.
- Serve hot.