Cold brew iced coffee
Just because the weather is warmer doesn't mean you don't still need a caffeine boost. Cold brew iced coffee makes all the coffee you'll need for a week, and it can be warmed up should the weather decide to change! Additionally there are three options to make a flavored coffee concentrate with vanilla, cinnamon or hazelnut!
Cold brew iced coffee in 3 flavors
Each batch makes 4 cups of iced coffee concentrate
- 1-3/4 cups strong ground coffee
- 8 cups filtered water
- 2 whole vanilla beans, 4 cinnamon sticks, 1 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Pour the ground coffee into the bottom of a large pitcher, along with either the vanilla beans, cinnamon sticks or the chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour the filtered water over the coffee.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
- Line a large colander with paper towels and place over a large bowl.
- Gently pour the coffee ground mixture over the paper towels. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes to allow all of the coffee to drain through the grounds.
- This makes a concentrate with a 1:1 ratio of concentrate to water. To make an 8-ounce glass of iced coffee, pour 4 ounces of the concentrate into a glass with ice and then another 4 ounces of water.
- Serve cold!