Change up the grilled cheese routine by placing everyone's favorite sandwich in a waffle iron instead! Waffle-grilled BLT sandwiches have a surprise smear of Brie instead of mayonnaise and tons of bacon for extra flavor!
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 16 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked to crisp
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce, washed
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 4 ounces Brie, rind removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat waffle iron on high.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with 1 ounce of Brie cheese.
- Layer the bacon on top of the brie.
- Layer the tomatoes on top of the bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place remaining slice of bread on top of the tomatoes.
- Place the sandwich in the waffle iron and press down to make sure the entire slice of bread is grilled.
- Let the sandwich cook for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the waffle iron, remove the top piece of bread, and place the lettuce inside.
- Top the lettuce with the bread.
- Serve hot.