4-Bean smoky Tex-Mex soup
Who says you can get good spicy flavor only in chili? This 4-bean smoky Tex-Mex soup pairs perfectly with cornbread, chips or a simple fruit salad.
4-bean smoky Tex-Mex soup
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring every few hours until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.