3 Mocktails for Mardi Gras
Not only are these drinks 100 percent kid-friendly because of the taste, but they will also love the fun names and colors, like the bright green gator's blood! For a little extra fun when the kids have gone to bed, spike the adults' drinks with your favorite alcohol!
Green gator's blood
- 1/2 cup natural pear nectar
- 1-1/2 ounces simple syrup (use this recipe)
- A few drops green food coloring
- Mix the pear nectar and simple syrup together in a glass. Add food coloring until you get a bright green color. Add ice and enjoy!
Virgin raspberry frozen margarita
- 1-1/4 cups frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup margarita mix (non-alcoholic)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons guar
- 3/4 cup ice
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse on low until smooth. Add additional sugar or raspberries to taste. Pour into margarita glasses and garnish with fruit and fun straws.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix all the juices, grenadine, simple syrup and lime juice in a pitcher. Add ice and pour into Mason jars or drink glasses.