Best blueberry pancakes with blueberry butter and syrup
Feed your mind while feeding your body with this delicious blueberry breakfast! Blueberry pancakes are topped with blueberry butter, then blueberry syrup. Your kids will think it is berry delicious!
Makes 6-8 pancakes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen; if frozen, thaw)
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a fork, and stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, butter, vanilla and egg, then make an indention with your finger in the bowl with dry ingredients. (Like you are digging a hole.)
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until combined, then stop. You do not want to over-mix.
- Lightly grease and heat your pancake griddle. Using a ladle or a small measuring cup, add your batter to the griddle then top with the blueberries, and cook. (You will see bubbles on the edges and that tells you it is time to flip!)
- Cook on both sides until lightly browned. Top with blueberry butter and blueberry syrup.
Makes 1/2 cup blueberry butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix the softened butter, blueberries and sugar together until well combined.
- Place in a small dish and cover, refrigerate, or place on plastic wrap and spread into a log shape, wrap plastic wrap around the log, then refrigerate.
Makes about 1 cup
- 2 cups blueberries
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water and orange juice to a boil, then add the blueberries and orange zest.
- Stir and bring to a second boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on top of the pancakes.