PB & J muffins
Your kids will have fun eating PB & J muffins! The tried-and-true flavor combo of smooth peanut butter and grape jelly (or whatever your favorite flavor might be) works well packaged in a muffin. Perfect for an after-school snack or lunchtime treat, these muffins will delight!
PB & J muffins
Yields 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup seedless grape jam
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- If you're not using paper muffin cups, spray a 12-piece muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Otherwise, place the muffin cups in the tins.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the milk, eggs, peanut butter, butter and sugars.
- Combine the milk mixture into the dry mixture and beat on low speed with a mixer, just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, to halfway filled. Spread the batter evenly.
- Add 1-1/2 teaspoons of the grape jam to the muffins, spreading evenly.
- Top the muffins with the remaining batter and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool to the touch, then place them on a wire rack to cool completely.